Interface SBC FS6500 (kit) with the MPC5643L

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface SBC FS6500 (kit) with the MPC5643L

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

I am trying to interface SBC FS6500 (kit) with the MPC5643L (development board - XPC56XX motherboard rev.B) through SPI or CAN. I am unable to find any documentation that will assist me in interfacing. I don't expect the exact same controllers but atleast programmer's guide to interfacing the SBC with other microcontrollers would be very useful. I do see the webpage (KITFS6522LAEEVM | Evaluation Board for FS6500|NXP ). It has been useful but not enough to help me make successful interfacing. Also I do not understand how to write the register.xls file that is used as an input to the FlexGUI software tool. 

Any suggestion/hint would be useful. Thank you so much. 

Also another context that may or maynot be useful - I am using Simulink to program the MPC5643L. The intention now is to communicate to the SBC chip through the MPC from Simulink. But before that I would like to understand how to program the SBC as intended.

Summary - Programmer's guide OR interface guide for SBC FS65XX. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Raghu,

I would recommend taking a closer look at the AN5099. Although it targets slightly different devices, it might help you with interfacing.

Regarding software, I recommend using the FS65xx driver as a reference.

Best regards,

Tomas