MCIMX6Q-SDB flashing instructions | Mfgtool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX6Q-SDB flashing instructions | Mfgtool

soorajs
Contributor III

I recently received a MCIMX6Q-SDB board , it came with a SDHC 8 gb with android r4.2.2 in it . It boots everything works . I have a micro sdcard 16 gb also a SDHC adapter with this i can mount the micro sdcard on the board .
Iam trying to write Android 7.1.2 Nougat (N7.1.2_2.0.0, 4.9 kernel) Demo images to micro sdcard downloaded from here

I have a few questions -

* Do i require to make any changes to Demo images / build them from source in order to write and boot from 16 gb sdcard ?

* Where can i find ucl2.xml , cfg.ini, UICfg.ini to flash these Demo images ?
      * Is there a documentation somewhere which i can refer to flash u-boot boot and system ?
      * Do i require to extract zImage / uImage and ramdisk from boot and flash it separately like in current ucl2.xml (ie Default xml with Mfgtool) .
      * what is difference between  "u-boot-imx6q-ldo.imx"  and "u-boot-imx6q.imx" ?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

About your above questions, replies as follows:

When you use the 16G SD card, you need to modify the mksdcard script in mfgtool mksdcard-android.sh.

The ucl2.xml , cfg.ini, UICfg.ini you can find them under android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_tools/mfgtools/, and you can also find the .vbs scripts you can directly use them if you are using the MCIMX6Q-SDB board.

About download images to your board using mfgtool,  you can refer to Android_Quick_Start_Guide , there are details steps 3.3 Flashing board images. And about the download process you can read the ucl2.xml script.

The ldo is low power mode. Hope these can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

soorajs
Contributor III

Hello Rita,

what should i modify in "mksdcard" or "mksdcard-android" script

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can refer to the document Android_User's_Guide , the section 5.1.1 Storage partitions. And the script is default for 8G, you are using the 16G, you can modify refer to the the section 5.1.1 Storage partitions. And in  the "mksdcard-android" script are the linux partition commands.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos