GT16A Discrepancies between EB671 and the GT16A datasheet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT16A Discrepancies between EB671 and the GT16A datasheet

Goz
Contributor I
Does anyone on here know which document is true??

Chapter 7 (page 5) of EB671 states that on the GT16A 'The eight backdoor key bytes can be stored in and read from FLASH', whereas the actual GT16A datasheet states on page 55 that 'The security key can be written ONLY from RAM' :smileyindifferent:

I have fired a request off to Freescale to see if they know, but If no one knows here then there's nothing much short of me having to waste my development time writing a test program to find out. :smileymad:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Goz,

Don't know, don't remember, don't have time now to work it out, but......
I offer this test code of mine to help you try it.
This was posted here some time ago you may be able to track it down and see the discussion then. (Nov 06?)

0 Kudos

Goz
Contributor I
Hi Peg,

Thanks for your reply. I did do a thorough search on the forum, but the only thing I found was that you could set the backdoor key as 0xFF for all eight bytes on the HCS08 parts.

I think my real issue is that one datasheet claims that the GT16A is different to the old GT16 in that you can store the key in FLASH and write it to the backdoor key register from there, whereas the device datasheet contradicts it.

I don't want to put anyone else out of their way to test this, I was just wondering if anyone had done this already and remembered which one is telling the truth.
0 Kudos