Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K MBD Toolbox software configuration

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

I've just installed the MBD Toolbox for S32K14x. 

Right now I don't have access to S32K114EVB (no stock in Europe) - we are waiting for EVBs.

When I build the example model 'gpio_s32k14.slx' - it builds ok. Code is generated and then compiler is invoked correctly. But at the end I've got the following: 

Generating S-record...
"C:\Users\Maciek\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\tools\gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O srec gpio_s32k14.elf gpio_s32k14.mot
Created S-record: gpio_s32k14.mot
Building target all
*** Created executable: gpio_s32k14.mot
### Successful completion of build procedure for model: gpio_s32k14

COPY CATCH: Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku.
: >> C:\Users\Maciek\Documents\MATLAB\S32K14_Test\gpio_s32k14_mbd_rtw\gpio_s32k14.mot
Can't download the file to the board.

(after COPY CATCH there is comment that a file can't be found)

Is it normal to end the build with such comment when the EVB board is not connected ?

And also: when I check 'Generate Code Only' option in Config Settings - the build ends in similar way (with the same comment 'COPY CATCH etc...'), although only source code is generated and compiler is not invoked (as expected). Is it ok. to end the build like this ?

Thanks

Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek‌,

That behavior is due to the fact that you have enabled/checked "Enable Download Code After Build" option, under Code Generation -> PIL and Download Config tab.

pastedImage_1.jpg

If you have that checkbox enabled, the code will be generated, the executable will be built and downloaded to the board, regardless of 'Generate code only' (built-in Simulink parameter) option under the Code Generation tab -- thus the "Coppy CATCH" message (can't find the path to EVB, because you don't have it connected).

If you only want to generate the code, either uncheck(disable) the "Enable Download Code After Build" option, either click on the "Generate Code" button from Code Generation tab, on the right of the "Generate code only" checkbox.

pastedImage_2.jpg

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek‌,

That behavior is due to the fact that you have enabled/checked "Enable Download Code After Build" option, under Code Generation -> PIL and Download Config tab.

pastedImage_1.jpg

If you have that checkbox enabled, the code will be generated, the executable will be built and downloaded to the board, regardless of 'Generate code only' (built-in Simulink parameter) option under the Code Generation tab -- thus the "Coppy CATCH" message (can't find the path to EVB, because you don't have it connected).

If you only want to generate the code, either uncheck(disable) the "Enable Download Code After Build" option, either click on the "Generate Code" button from Code Generation tab, on the right of the "Generate code only" checkbox.

pastedImage_2.jpg

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Thanks for clarification. I didn't notice this option. Now it compiles without any problems/warnings.

Maciek

0 Kudos