Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso V3 IO Footprint

Jump to solution
danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am looking for the specification of the layout connector footprint for the LPCXpresso V3 standard expansion connectors as used in the LPC54xxx family of LPCXpresso boards (i.e. OM13078, OM13090, OM13092) . This seems to be an Arduino R3 expansion IO header. Where can I find the geometrical specification and the distance of the connectors to each other? I just cannot find any technical description of this anywhere. Can anyone provide me with a link or the description about the footprint of this connector?

Many thanks in advance

Dani

1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

This board was designed using Mentor Xpedition, and unfortunately that tool produces files in a format that cannot be used with any other tools. We are moving to more compatible tools, but several designs (all current LPCXpresso V3 boards) are derived from original designs in this format.

The LPC expansion connectors are an extension of Arduino UNO R3, using the same 0.1" pitch standard headers. We added signals around the Arduino connectors. If you use 0.1" spacing around those Arduino connectors you shouldn't go wrong.

Gerber files will give you mechanical references ... these are attached.

Regards,

Brendon

View solution in original post

8 Replies
danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Brendon,

Now we are talking. Many thanks for taking the time to provide the Gerber files. This helps a lot and should enhance the design process significantly. Great job! Thanks once again.

Dani

0 Kudos
danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy

Many thanks for the attached file. It will help some. It is a pity, that we cannot get the footprint directly from NXP. It would be very helpful to have this footprint available on the website for download to enhance rapid prototyping of shields using the LPCXpresso V3 boards. I am sure it could and would NXP's business for this LPC family.

Dani

0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

This board was designed using Mentor Xpedition, and unfortunately that tool produces files in a format that cannot be used with any other tools. We are moving to more compatible tools, but several designs (all current LPCXpresso V3 boards) are derived from original designs in this format.

The LPC expansion connectors are an extension of Arduino UNO R3, using the same 0.1" pitch standard headers. We added signals around the Arduino connectors. If you use 0.1" spacing around those Arduino connectors you shouldn't go wrong.

Gerber files will give you mechanical references ... these are attached.

Regards,

Brendon

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy

Many thanks for the BOM (Bill of Material) Excel file. It looks like the one I can download from the website. However it does not contain the footprint of the Arduino Uno R3 connector socket. What I am looking for is a footprint i.e. geometrical / physical dimensions and geometrical / physical locations of the connector pins. I am in the process of creating a Shield to fit onto the LPCXpresso board and need to place my contacts in the right geometrical / physical locations, to match up my connectors with the LPCXPresso board. Where can I get such a footprint?

Dani

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Unfortunately, we don’t have available the files you need, we only can share the PDF schematic file for these LPCXpresso board.

However I've attached package file of the connectors and hope it helps.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy

I cannot see any attachment.

Dani

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Please checking the attachment.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I've attached the BOM file of the OM13092: LPCXpresso LPC54608, and you can find the detailed information about these connector in this file.
Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos