Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which parts is the 792MHz max stable CPU operation freq applied to

Jump to solution
anguschen
Contributor II

Hello, team.

According to the IMX6DQRM, the ARM_CLK_ROOT default freq is 792 MHz, but the i.MX6D  have many parts such as:

MCIMX6D4AVT0N8AD cpu max operation freq is 850
MCIMX6D4AVT1N0AD cpu max operation freq is 1000

So, the 792MHZ is applied to the 850MHz part or 1000Mhz part? If the SOC run at 792MHz, Can I select the
850MHz part? After all the MCIMX6D4AVT0N8AD is 4 dollars cheaper than the MCIMX6D4AVT1N0AD .

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are various i.MX6Dual parts, qualified for different maximum operational frequencies. Refer to the corresponding Data Sheet document to find maximum operational frequency for a particular part number. The latest Rev.5 data sheets are available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/applications-processors/i.mx-applicatio...

By default, the core clock runs at 792MHz for all parts. Then, it can be changed in software to the maximum allowed frequency for a particular part.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
anguschen
Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are various i.MX6Dual parts, qualified for different maximum operational frequencies. Refer to the corresponding Data Sheet document to find maximum operational frequency for a particular part number. The latest Rev.5 data sheets are available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/applications-processors/i.mx-applicatio...

By default, the core clock runs at 792MHz for all parts. Then, it can be changed in software to the maximum allowed frequency for a particular part.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos