cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an efficient way to sample a digital signal

christian_oster
Contributor I

Hello,

i would like to sample a digital signal (HIGH / LOW) with a sampling rate of >=250kHz. Polling the data using a periodic timer interrupt seems like an inefficient way.

Can you recommend me a hardware component to sample digital data ? Maybe the SSP-Unit can be used for this ?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

You could use the SSP if you ran it in master mode with the pin tied to MISO, but you'd have to make sure it would run without any gaps between data. However, I would consider this method unreliable.

Otherwise, timer capture is the way to go.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christian Ostermeier,

Do you want to sample the digital signal's frequency? If yes, you can use the Timer module, the capture function.

If you don't want to capture the frequency, please tell me the detail function you want to realize.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos