cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Bricking

ateeqishtiaq
Contributor I

Hi everyone

I am using MCUXpresso IDE ,MultiLink Universal Debugger and my target MCU is KL43z,
I am having very common and annoying issue of bricking. I have lost many MCUs.
i have some questions:

1: what is the purpose of bricking

2: what could be the possible reasons of bricking

3: I am currently not setting any Flash security plan(working with default) can we avoid bricking by completely disabling # the security and flash protection.
Please guide. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ateeq Ishtiaq,

You can refer to this post:

Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power | MCU on Eclipse 

Then use the kinetis_recovery utlity to unbrick it with your Mulitlink universal.

If this method still can't save it, maybe your chip is secured to the highest level.

You can try it at first.

About the secure, you also can read this document:

https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/857127-1-396709/Kinetis%20Lock%20issue%20anal... 

Anyway, if you don't want to brick, you don't write the security in the KL43 flash configuration field.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos