mpc 5674F SPI Init / Clock Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpc 5674F SPI Init / Clock Problem

salmanc
Contributor III

Hi, I am using mpc #5674f and I have to work with #SPI peripheral in it. If I successfully initiate SPI and be able to transmit / receive data with it, I'm gonna use it in my #RTC project.

• The problem is;
  • I have initiated the pins using SIU.PCR and also I have initiated DSPI_B.MCR and CTAR registers. 

Then I send the command with PUSHR register, then check Transmit Complete Flag and read it with POPR.

• But now, when I observe the #clock signal from the oscilloscope, I see a sinusoidal signal, couldn't see a 0-1 clock signal.
  • I tried to decrease the #frequency using the above registers but nothing changes. I changed the value of the CTAR (#baudrate and scaler values) and even PCR values (open drain value, slew rate value) but still couldn't see any difference. Frequency value of the signal didn't changed.

Can anyone help me? 

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Ceren.

2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, I could recommend you to try to see following example. Theoretically you could run directly with MPC5674F device as it is compatible with MPC5676R:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335461 

It configures DSPI module for very slow communication (example communicates with external memory), you could see  some traffic on SPI communication lines.

salmanc
Contributor III

Thank you it helped a lot ! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos