SABRE for Automotive Infotainment demo image for MCIMX7SABRE boards

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE for Automotive Infotainment demo image for MCIMX7SABRE boards

ricrodrigues
Contributor I

I've been using a MCIMX7SABRE board to run and test the different NXP's pre-built Android demo images based on i.MX7Dual for evaluation purposes. M6.0.1 and N7.1.1 BSPs have been successfully tested using the adequate MFGTool, however the IMX_N7.1.2_2.0.0_Tool fails to detect the board so it hasn't been possible to run the latest binary demo files.

Along with the aforementioned issue, there's the lack of a demo image for Automotive Infotainment based on i.MX7D. So SABRE for Automotive Infotainment based on i.MX 6 demo image was used instead yielding a boot error after install as seen on th U-boot prompt possibly due to incompatibility with the i.MX7D-SABRE kernel.

I'd like to know if there's any workaround for these issues or a new release coming to evaluate the possibility of using this board for Android Automotive Infotainment purposes.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ricardo

there are official bsps developed for nxp reference boards :

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

as there is no Sabre AI board for i.MX7 processor, no automotive 

bsps based on i.MX7 are available.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos