What is the proper way to migrate from the SDK2.2.0 to SDK2.3.0 in MCXpresso IDE 10.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper way to migrate from the SDK2.2.0 to SDK2.3.0 in MCXpresso IDE 10.1?

robertoquilez
Contributor III

I already have a project MCUxpresso IDE 10.0.2 with freertos and SDK 2.2.0.

I have done an import of my project in MCXpresso IDE 10.1 with the new SDK 2.3 installed in it,

Using "import" from "manage SDK components" I have tried to integrate the new version of the modules of the sdk but  I get some conflicts.

Most of the conflicts are related t the re-organization of the of the freertos source code. 

New files are included but older files (placed at a different path now) are not erased. The result is that I get some files duplicated.

So, my question is if there is a "official/recommended" way to migrate to the new sdk and ide other than resolving those conflicts by hand.

Should I instead create a  new project and add my source code files to avoid potential issues? This will break my project versioning :-(

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Providing a better mechanism to update a project from one SDK version to another is an area that we are looking at improving for a future release. However in cases where the structure of components changes between the SDK versions involved, it is going to be difficult to make this work completely seamlessly.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos