cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Processor Expert won't work after reinstall

Jump to solution
scottm
Senior Contributor II

I've been successfully using PEx with MCUX for weeks with a couple of projects that were re-created (not imported) from CodeWarrior 11.  My MCUX installation has been a little glitchy from the start (see my previous posts about weird screen layout problems) and after having some trouble with a PEx + KSDK 1.3 project that was working initially I decided to uninstall everything and start from scratch.

After reinstalling, I got this error as soon as I tried to create a test project with PEx:

An internal error occurred during: "Creating project test - ProcessorExpert.pe".
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I've uinstalled and reinstalled MCUX several times since then, being careful to hunt down all of the scattered components and preferences I could find, including the workspace, PEx cache and repositories, and all of the installed SDKs for good measure.  I get the same results regardless, but at least my build environment installation process is well-documented now.  It goes like this:

Install MCUXpresso (currently 10.1.0_589)
Install GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain (gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update-win32.exe)
Install GNU ARM Eclipse Windows build tools (2.9-20170629-1013)
Install GNU ARM Eclipse 3.4.1 (3.4.1-201704251808, newer doesn't work with old CDT)
Install freescale_updater
Install PEx for Kinetis 3.0.0
Install PEx for Kinetis 3.0.2
Install MCU on Eclipse PEx components, parts 1 and 2

It fails without the MCU on Eclipse components too, so at least I've ruled out that part. If I try to open an existing project I can click the refresh button in the components view and briefly see my component list, and then it'll go back to saying the project hasn't been opened yet.

I realize PEx isn't officially supported on MCUXpresso, but it's been working fine and I'm desperate to get this going again.  It's Tuesday night and I'm already at 40 hours for my work week.  I can't afford much down time.  I can use the already-generated code and remove PEx from the existing projects and at least get moving again but I'd really like to get PEx working properly.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution
scottm
Senior Contributor II

I've got it running now.  There seems to be a conflict between the NXP configuration tools plug-in and PEx.  I removed the former and now PEx initializes and builds correctly.  Time to get back to work!

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott,

I quickly responed on the blog,  I hope this will help. I try to have a look as soon as I can.

Erich

0 Kudos
scottm
Senior Contributor II

I've got it running now.  There seems to be a conflict between the NXP configuration tools plug-in and PEx.  I removed the former and now PEx initializes and builds correctly.  Time to get back to work!

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
scottm
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, looks like I forgot to accept the subscription confirmation for that message.  I've already cleared all of the directories you mentioned during the many reinstallations.  I have to be able to get back to writing code today so I'm going to try to proceed without PEx for now.  If you have any other ideas, let me know.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos