cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 SPI Master Mode with SPI_RDY

chaithucheruku
Contributor I

Hello,

I’m using Boundary devices nitrogen6x-som2. I configured ECSPI_CONREG{DRCTL] to 01, so that SPI burst can be triggered only if a falling edge of the SPI-RDY signal has been detected.

According to the Application reference manual SPI burst does not start until the falling edge of the SPI_RDY signal is detected. According the reference manual, relationship between a SPI burst and SPI_RDY is described below.

pastedImage_1.png

I started to test SPI_RDY behavior with spidev test application. Below are the screenshots my signals. As you can see below screenshots (sorry for the bad timing resolution), I need to toggle SPI_RDY signal for every byte transfer. Is this normal behavior?

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

My requirement is to transfer everything present in TX_FIFO at falling edge of the SPI_RDY. I don’t want to toggle SPI_RDY for every byte transfer.

Is there any way I can meet my requirement? I’m really stuck any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi chaitu

for more accurate SPI burst behaviour please refer to last comment on link

https://community.nxp.com/message/924962?commentID=924962#comment-924962 

also may be useful

https://community.nxp.com/thread/309866 

spi-imx: add support for single burst mode (8,16,32) — Linux SPI 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chaithucheruku
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the reply and the links. These were useful.

Thanks,

Chaithu

0 Kudos