FXOS8700QC Errata Item 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXOS8700QC Errata Item 2

andyatkinson
Contributor I

There is a Freescale Errata document for this device that lists two known issues. Errata Item 2: does this mean that ANY / ALL I2C bus traffic will cause the noise issue at the magnetometer, irrespective of which device on the bus is being addressed? Also, for the 'workaround' what does 'quickly' mean and how does one know whether one has been 'quick enough'. Is the magnetometer in this device usable on the I2C bus, particularly when sharing the bus with other devices - I am struggling to see how it is. Thanks for your insights and assistance with this issue. Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy,

Answering to your first question, correct, the noise issue is only present on the magnetometer reading of the FXOS8700 and it is only present when the AFE and I2 C signal are active at the same time. Even in the same device, but reading the accelerometer data would not cause this noise issue.

And about the second question, ‘quickly’ is into intended as a timing value, it refers to the action of only reading the measurement right after the interrupt from the sensor is received and finish the I2C communication right after.

I hope this clarifies this question.

Jose

NXP Semiconductor

0 Kudos