AnsweredAssumed Answered

Yocto, Poky, Itron and Framebuffer Screen problems

Question asked by Benjamin Blundell on Nov 18, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 by igorpadykov

Hello there.

I have one of these:

Noritake Itron VFD Display Modules - VFD Displays compatible with LCD Modules Graphic Displays and Character Displays wi… 

Its a smart screen with a TFT touch sensitive module, CANBUS, Ethernet and all the rest. Its powered by an iMX28 and apparently has an MSX Memory LCD Driver of some description. It supports linux via Poky and Yocto.

I've managed to build the image for this board from the instructions given by the company. I can get a shell via a serial cable and all seems fine. However, the screen wont turn on. No backlight either. I'm not sure what to do next.

I notice there is a framebuffer device /dev/fb0 available and the patches for the kernel that itron provides makes mention of a special driver for the screen. I was wondering, is there something I need to pass to the Kernel at boot (through U-Boot) to tell the framebuffer where to attach? I'm drawing a blank at the moment. I've tried contacting the company in question but they've been very unresponsive.

Is there perhaps a guide on using Freescale devices with framebuffers I can look up somewhere perhaps? Any help at all would be great!

Cheers

Ben

Outcomes