2088a rcw

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2088a rcw

sp_qoriq
Contributor III

Our LS2088a based custom board uses QSPI as rcw and boot source. Apparently, there is no more python script support for generating the rcw binary and we need to use the QCVS PBL tool. Does anyone know if the rcw binary generated by PBL tool needs to be byte swapped before programmed into the QSPI flash? PBL tool generates two binaries, PBL.bin and PBL_swapped.bin. Which one should be flashed? 

We tried both; but the cpu seems to not like something in our rcw file. Our rcw is based on PBL_0x2a_0x41_2000_800_2133_1600_QSPIboot.bin from LSDK-1709 release, with minimal modifications. Any tips on debugging this? I have also attached the rcw binary file. Thanks.ls2088a rcw swap

Labels (1)
9 Replies

sp_qoriq
Contributor III

Turns out we had a schematic error. Resolved now. Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos

sp_qoriq
Contributor III

Our JTAG interface works fine in the hardcoded rcw configuration. So something is definitely wrong with the RCW file. I was hoping I would be able to see what exactly the error is with the RCW using the CWtap to read the RCW error code.

thanks,

-Shiva

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, so the error happened before PBL is loaded. You should check your jtag interface.

Adrian

0 Kudos

sp_qoriq
Contributor III

Unfortunately in our error case, CW fails to connect via JTAG with "IR scan failed" error. 

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In CW just create a Target connection for your board and click on Connect button. If any issues with PBL image you will see a message error indicating the error code.

Adrian

0 Kudos

sp_qoriq
Contributor III

I have upgraded to version 4.10.0 of QCVS tool to generate the PBL image and have a licensed version of the latest CW 11.2.5. If you can give me how to get the error code out of the tool, that would be great, addiyi. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

sp_qoriq
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply addiyi‌. We found and tried the PBL_swapped.bin, but the cpu is in a continuous "fetch-rcw=>reset=>fetch-rcw=>reset" loop even with this rcw binary. RESET_REQ_B is continuously toggling. What is the best way to debug what is wrong with rcw file? Is it possible to read PBL error codes (ch 7.3 in the reference manual) when the cpu is in "fetc-rcw=>reset" mode?

We have verified that our board works with hardcoded rcw.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Latest version of CodeWarrior for ARMv8 provides a mechanism to check the PBL image during initialization and returning the error code if PBL image is not correct.

Adrian

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When Serial NOR is selected as RCW Source in PBL tool, you'll see under Generated_Code folder a file named PBL_swapped.bin. This is the swapped bin necessary for QSPI.

Adrian