cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load load/use RAM/SDRAM builds in i.MX RT1052

andreilitvin
Contributor II

Hi,

The linker files in the NXP sdk 2.3 contain linker files for flexspi_nor, ram, srdram and sdram_text. So far I have only been able to get binaries to execute in two ways:

• Using the flexspi_nor version and flashing to the device (e.g. copying a .bin or .hex to the mbed mount)
  • Using the RAM version and a j-link debugger

What are the correct ways to load/use the other builds or even debugging the other types of builds? Specifically how do I get the device to execute the sdram build?

Is it possible to write a binary to flash that will eventually load into sdram or ram? Is it possible to use a j-link debugger to debug a flexspi_nor and/or a sdram build?

Thank you,

Andrei

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nathan,

The camera app is designed by our AE team, it can be sent to you for reference.

Please create a new case for "camera capture" app on iMXRT1050EVK from our Salesforce system! I will send it you through our system! I just have camera app for IAR system.

In your case , please note "forward it to weidong sun"! then I can get it.

Have a nice day!

TIC Weidong Sun

0 Kudos

andreilitvin
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Could you help with some clarifications:

• Are there any instruction documents on using the j-link debugger with the imxrt1050? Specifically what connection flags and/or scripts to use?
  • The i.MX RT SDK I have does not seem to contain the camera capture demo. I only have:
    $ ls boards/evkmimxrt1050/demo_apps/
    bubble ecompass flexio_pwm hello_world hello_world_xip lwip mbedtls power_mode_switch sai sd_jpeg shell wolfssl
    where could I get the camera capture example? 

Thank you,

Andrei

0 Kudos

tomdunigan
Contributor II

The SDK I have for the NXP 1052 does not have the power_mode_switch demo app.  Where might I find it?

0 Kudos

tomdunigan
Contributor II

To get the power_mode_switch app you need to include RTOS when building your SDK for download.

0 Kudos

natester
Contributor I

Yes, where is the camera capture example weidong.sun‌?

Also, I cannot import all the demo apps in MCUXpresso 10.1.0_589

How do I import the sd_jpeg example?

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.52.26 PM.png

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrei,

See below, please!

1. Simulator. :  J-LINK Plus is needed.  The simulator can be used to debug code & download to sdram / program Nor flash.

2. Using OpenSDA on EVK board. It can be used to download binary to internal SRAM or external SDRAM.

3. About SDK.

We have some example routines in i.mx RT SDK, for example, in "camera_caputre" routine, when debugging camera image caputre, SDRAM will be used, and in the example code, we have provided script of SDRAM initialization.

pastedImage_2.png

For more information, see the link of i.MX RT web page:

i.MX RT1050 Evaluation Kit|NXP 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

TIC Weidong Sun

0 Kudos

terenceh
Contributor III

Hi Wigros Sun,

Can you give more information on #2? Using OpenSDA how do you flash something onto internal RAM? When we compile a bin, we have only be successful loading bin compiled with the flexspi_nor.

0 Kudos