emmc boot_config boot_bus_config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emmc boot_config boot_bus_config

amf99
Contributor I

after configuring emmc boot_config and boot_bus_config and then booting from emmc with squashfs as root file system, the device will not boot a second time. Is squashfs some how resetting these two config values? It works fine with a sdcard.

Linux 3.14.28

iMX6SX

amf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

yilingxu
Contributor III

Hi,

I also need a squashfs file system, but I do not know how to make it. Where did you get squashfs? 

Thanks!

Yiling Xu

0 Kudos

amf99
Contributor I

Hi Yiling,

If your building your image via Yocto, add this to your local.conf file

IMAGE_FSTYPES += "squashfs"

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Alric

one can read SRC_SBMR1,2 registers with jtag to check

if boot configuration is sampled correctly. To perform correct reboot second time

all board should be reset, including pmic.  Is it working with nxp linux describing in

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

If not all board reset, squashfs may some how leave some board components in state

which affect boot.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

amf99
Contributor I

Thanks for getting back Igor

I added an init script to set boot_config and boot_bus_config on each boot, this took care of the issue, 

I'll look into the  SRC_SBMR1,2 registers values, need to get the jtag setup.

Thanks,

amf

0 Kudos