Why my IMX6DUAL is identified as IMX6Q in boot log?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my IMX6DUAL is identified as IMX6Q in boot log?

翔李
Contributor IV

HI,

My board based on IMX6DUAL-MCIMX6D6AVT08AD(automotive),but it is identified as IMX6Q while my board booting log,the IC is MCIMX6D6AVT08AD.

What is more,the same board to stuff MCIMX6D5EYM10AD((extended commerical) works well and is identified as IMX6DUAL right.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Other discrepancies of your attached images are the temperature qualification and frequency operation, as the MCIMX6D5EYM10AD is the Extended Commercial range up to 1 GHz, while the MCIMX6D6AVT08AD is Automotive range up to 852 MHz.

1.png

2.png

So, have you ensured that you properly selected the MACHINE target for i.MX6D when compiling U-Boot and the BSP? Are you using the same image for both devices without any other change?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

翔李
Contributor IV

In my opion,the same uboot and configuration is ok for IMX6Q or IMX6D.It is not involve BSP.

Q:Are you using the same image for both devices without any other change?

A:Yes,the uboot is same.

So,what is the reason?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In this case, you should contact to your distributor in order to check this behavior.

If you still having troubles after that, you should submit a “Support Request” on the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos