IAP commands go to hardfault when debugger attached

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAP commands go to hardfault when debugger attached

congoblue
Contributor I

I'm trying to write EEPROM on the LPC1549 using an IAP call. I am using a JTAG debugger (Rowley Crossconnect). If I download the firmware and run it, or run in debug mode, then the IAP call goes to the hardfault handler. However if I power up the board without using the debugger (though still plugged into the JTAG) then the IAP call works.

This applies to any IAP call including the simple ones like reading device signature. It's like the debugger is causing the ROM to get paged out or appear at a different address or something.

Can anyone help me understand what's going on here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim Mitchell,

It seems it is related to the debugger.

I have tried the JLINK, I can debug the eeprom code in my LPCXpresso1549 board.

pastedImage_1.png

Please check the above debug information, you can find that I can write the eeprom successfully in debug mode.

I am using the JLINK as the debugger, maybe you also can try the JLINK on your side.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos