cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenating registers

qammarabbas
Contributor IV

Hi,

The reference manual of T1042 (Chap 14), in the register configuration mentions that one field of some register has been "concatenated" with some field of another register. What does concatenate here means? And how to set a desired value in such cases? 
For example, i want to set the extended refresh recovery time to 320 clock cycles. How can i achieve that using the 6 bits of DDR_TIMING_CFG_3[EXT_REFREC] and 4 bits of DDR_TIMING_CFG_1[REFREC]?

Tags (1)
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Concatenate of these two fields means that number_of_clock = EXT_REFREC*16+ REFREC+8. As I can conclude that the T1040RM rev.1 has typo in the DDR_TIMING_CFG_3 field descriptions. All values for EXT_REFREC are correct except “101110 751 clocks”. It should be “101110 736 clocks”.
So if we need for 320 clocks we calculate  1) 320-8=312  2) EXT_REFREC=floor(312/16)=19=0b010011  
3) REFREC=312-19*16=8=0b1000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi qammarabbas‌,

This community is for Matlab related topics regarding NXP automotive microprocessors that are supported by our toolboxes. For your application processor, please try to get in touch with QorIQ community here: https://community.nxp.com/community/qoriq 

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos