atomic operation with I.Mx6 series processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atomic operation with I.Mx6 series processor

heyitan
Contributor II

I want to build an opencl application with i.Mx6Q Sabre board, but the OpenCL 1.1 EP didn't support atomic operation.Is there any i.Mx6 serires processor or recent distributed Linux BSP support atomic operation?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tan,

Atomic operation is determined by Linux OS, so linux BSP certainly supports "Atomic operation".

Have a great day,
TIC   Weidong sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

heyitan
Contributor II

Hello Sun,

Thanks for your  answer, but it dose not seem right.Maybe I should describe the problem in detail.I was trying to accelerate image processing by on-chip gpu (Vivante GC2000).The L4.1.15_2.0.0_LINUX_BSP only support OpenCL 1.1 Embedded Profile,so when I use "atomic_add()" in my opencl kernel function, the opencl compiler post an error message "atomic operation was not supported".I also tried to gather some information in the NXP community, a similar question is How to implement OpenCL atomic_inc on i.MX6Q . 

jamesbone answered above question"The atomic functions are currently disable from OpenCL compiler, we are working to have another version of the driver of the GPU to support this functions in the near future.  I do not have a date to provide but this are part of the pipeline." And I wish to know is there recent update support this function ?