Error: Flash Download failed - Target DLL has been cancelled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Flash Download failed - Target DLL has been cancelled

alejandrorico
Contributor I

Hello. I'm trying to download a simple program to FRDM-KL25 board but I'm still getting this message:

Error: Flash Download failed  -  Target DLL has been cancelled.

I have already:

1. intalled driver for kinetis (Freescale Kinetis OSJTAG Drivers V1.20)
  2. installed PEMicro as stated on *.pdf guides quotet on this topic: Hello everybody,when I loading program with MDK it appears unable to find device information.PE34298 
  3. followed steps from a tutorial of a ARM-KEIL guy Software development with the Freescale Kinetis SDK using Keil MDK Version 5 - YouTube 
  4. selected the right MCU: MKL25Z128xxx4 since the FRDM-KL25 board has a: MKL25Z128VLK4 device.
  5. selected PEMicro on the debugger options.
  6. tried to download an example project from Kinetis SDK v1.3. (based on the video tutorial)

Then, I don't know what I'm missing. I'm attaching some images of the configurations.

issue1.png

issue2.png

issue3.png

issue4.png

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alejandro,

KL25's driver is not Kinetis OSJtag. It's PEMicro.

debug_sel.png

Please download driver and firmware form the link:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/kinetis-developer-resources/ides-f...

Regards

Jing

0 Kudos

alejandrorico
Contributor I

Hello Jing. Thanks.

Yeah, I actually had that option available before. Let me give some extra information.

At first I had two issues:

1. The first one is explained on following thread:  Hello everybody,when I loading program with MDK it appears unable to find device information.PE34298. There, you instructed this guy to install the OSJTAG Drivers. So I did the same.
  2. The other isuse is the one I'm explaining here.

Both: the "PE34298 error" and the "Flash error" were present at a time. After I installed the OSJTAG drivers the first error disappeared but the "flash thing error" remained. Also, the option "PEMicro Debugger" disappeared and "Pemicro OSJtag/Multilink/Cyclo" option appeared instead.

I understand that the default debug firmware on KL25 is PEMicro, and the link you gave me talks about that. Anyway, on the proccess I also tried with "CMSIS-DAP_OpenSDA.S19". I downloaded the firmware to the board with the proper procedure and then selected the "CMSIS-DAP Debugger" option on target configurations at Keil IDE. I didn't work neither. So I went back to download the OpenSDA firmware.

So you see "Pemicro OSJtag/Multilink/Cyclo" option selected because "PEMicro Debugger" is not available anymore.

Anyway, I doubt that to be the problem, just beacuse the problem was there even when "PEMicro Debugger" was selected.

Just to be clear, the board has again the OpenSDA firmware; but problem is still there.

What do you recommend?

0 Kudos

benkonna
Contributor I

Hello Alejandro or anyone out there,

I am stuck with the same issue sas stated by Alejandro.

I have followed all the installation procedure listed above as as much as I can find online. 

Alejandro, how did you solve this?

Help is welcomed from anyone out there.

Thanks very much. 

0 Kudos