I'm looking for some guidance on programming for LPC modules (especially LPC1768) and have a few questions:
- There are recent builds of GCC toolchain available for these architectures (GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain – Arm Developer ). Where I can find the headers, libraries, and drivers for a specific LPC module from NXP website?
- Is there any limitations on the available C++ features in those toolchains (e.g. C++ threads, mutexes)? The Keil has the concept of "Task" for threading. How can multi-threading can be accomplished with these generic GCC toolchains?
- What tools do you recommend that provides a recent compiler support (e.g. C++14) together with support for hardware/debugging? Some options that come to my mind:
- Keil (which has partial support for C++11/14)
- Eclipse with a prebulit GCC-toolchain from ARM (GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain – Arm Developer)
- Some IDE provided by NXP