pca9952 for 7 segment display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pca9952 for 7 segment display

tomasreabe
Contributor I

Can I turn the segments on and off using the LED driver output state registry 02h through 05h and the brightness commands will remain constant? 

I need to control the brightness of all the segments and to go from daylight to night readable I need more than 14 bits of dimming. The 9952 Looks like I can do this using both the individual and group dimming.

I only need to command the brightness when I update the display brightness which is fairly rare, but I need to send new values to the 7 segment display many times a second. so I would like a simple quick way to send an on off command to the driver per segment but have it remember what brightness it was using last time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Troy,

The registers that control the individual brightness of the output, work separately from those that turn on and off the segment, therefore you can work with these two simultaneously without one affecting the other. The only thing that could change the brightness settings once you write them is a power reset (or overwrite the current brightness settings).

If I misinterpreted your question or you have more doubts, don't hesitate in ask them below.

Regards,

Dario

0 Kudos