For LIN protocol on MPC5748, how to we get the header ID to communicate with slave in loop back mode.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For LIN protocol on MPC5748, how to we get the header ID to communicate with slave in loop back mode.

anishchoudhary
Contributor III

I am test loop back on that code, that present in S32 Design Stdio software.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Slave is not able to generate the header itself, so testing in the loopback make no sense, I think.

BR, Petr

anishchoudhary
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

I am just want to understand the working of LIN protocol so try to test loop back, in that i am transmitting the header by master and just see the data transmission flag is set or not but it is not set.In transmission and receiving side I am taking same ID.

Thank you for helping.

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you are using the MPC5748G EVB, then note the LIN transceiver is not powered from the EVB, thus the transmission will not work, because of bit error (RX pin does not see the same signal that is on TX pin).

So connect 12V to the LIN connector (P11.3 or P9.3)) to power the transceiver. This enables the LIN transceiver to loop TX back to RX so entire transmit frames can be issued successfully.

BR, Petr

anishchoudhary
Contributor III

Hi,

In loop back mode i am able to transmit the data and Data Transfer Flag is set, but in receiver side before Data Reviver Flag is getting set LIN bus reached in idle state because of OCF bit of LINESR register. Please help me out to resolve that.

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to clear LINTCSR[IOT] bit, so LIN state machine does not reset to Idle on timeout.

BR, Petr

anishchoudhary
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

How to change the baud rate for LIN protocol.

0 Kudos