cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024 custom board rcw override error

safeerkt
Contributor II

Hello,

We have a T1024 custom board with DDR DRAM. We just tested the power and other basic fuctionality in the board and its working fine.As the next step we have tried to override the RCW with code warrier to flash the NOR flash.It is throwing " Failed to correclty configure JTAG chain" error.

1)During override through Code warrier which RCW source switch should be selected.?

2)If i select hardcoded RCW,should I override it again or can I flash the RCW to NOR?

3)What can be the reason for 'Failed to correclty configure JTAG chain' error.?

thanks in advance,

Safeer

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. When you use RCW override function and provide RCW via JTAG, you do not need to have valid RCW on board, so - no specific requirements for RCW source.

2. Hardcoded RCW should be enough to use flash programmer, to RCW override is necessary, however please note there are two different hardcoded RCW options available, please select one more suitable for your design. See T1024 Reference Manual, Table 4-13 for more details.

3. Please look AN4971 "QorIQ T1024 Family Design Checklist" for recommendations regarding RESET_REQ: "For RCW override, RESET_REQ_B should be disconnected from PORESET_B or HRESET_B. An option on board is required".

For further debugging please look suggestions given in this topic:

Unable to flash u-boot through Code Warrior : Failed to correctly configure JTAG chain 

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos