MCAL layer for S12 MCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCAL layer for S12 MCU

manjunathan
Contributor I

I am Manjunath. Am using S12 MCU in my automotive project which involves AUTOSAR architecture. So I need MCAL layer for the MCS12 MCU (S9S12G192F0CLL). I searched the package in NXP downloads and the only package available is for MPC family of microcontrollers. Can we use the same package for S12 family also, if it is, how to open the downloaded package as it is asking for the password. Or if seperate package is available for S12 family of micrcontrollers, how to download the package, Is it free of cost and how to get the password to open the package? Please suggest me the procedure to get the MCAL package for S12 MCU.

2 Replies

jakub_bendzala
Contributor II

Hello,

on web page:

AUTOSAR Software|NXP 

is paragraph:

AUTOSAR 3.0

MPC56XX, S12/S12X

after click on the link, on the next page:

MCALPricingOSPricing
--MPC5604EFree
MPC563xMFreeMPC563xMFree
MPC5668GFreeMPC5668GFree
S12/S12XFreeS12/S12XFree

but there is no download for S12 or S12XS available.

Should I contact our distributor or UK NXP support?

Thank you!

Jacob

VBZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your interest in NXP platforms and software products.

The NXP MCAL package contain low-level drivers controlling directly the hardware peripherals present on each micro-controller. This means that a MCAL package for processor A cannot be used as is on processor B due to sometimes major hardware differences.

In your case, the MPC MCAL certainly cannot be used on MCS12 MCUs (MPC are 32bit PowerPC controllers while MCS12 are 16bit S12 controllers).

NXP can offer MCAL packages for S12ZVMC256 and S12ZVC MagniV micro-controllers.

For getting access to the installers you need to contact your local NXP support team. They can guide you on how to install and what kind of licenses/passwords are needed for each package.

0 Kudos