cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ LS1043ARDB SDK 2.0 u-boot verified boot

j_wallace
Contributor II

Hi,

I am actually implementing u-boot verified boot described in u-boot documentation (doc/uImage.FIT/beaglebone_vboot.txt) and would like to know what should be the kernel.its I should use. I tried these two files but none of both seems to work. As a matter of fact, I put wrong syntax in the files so that the build should fail but it does not.

1)  ~/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-kernelitb/kernel.its

2) ~/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1043ardb/tmp/work-shared/ls1043ardb/kernel-source/kernel-ls1043a-rdb.its

Any implementation guide using the SDK would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

J.W.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

j_wallace
Contributor II

Thanks,

I managed it to work. One way to do so is to build the FIT image manually.

1) Build the kernel with fsl-image-minimal

2) Move the standalone kernel image, the dtb and the its in a new directory.

3) Follow the u-boot documentation to sign images (doc/uImage.FIT/beaglebone_vboot.txt) and build the FIT image with corresponding files.

4) Rebuild u-boot in the QorIQ SDK with verified boot options enabled.

5) Load bianries on the target and test.

J.W.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If kernel source code is not installed, install kernel source code first using the following command sequence:

bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/kernel

bitbake -c patch virtual/kernel

See .its file using the following path:

QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1043ardb/tmp/work/ls1043ardb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------