mirroring the displays between lvds and hdmi by editing mxc_ipuv3_fb driver in imx6q.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirroring the displays between lvds and hdmi by editing mxc_ipuv3_fb driver in imx6q.

vishnukumark
Contributor I

Hi, i am using imx6q and i wanted to mirror the displays between lvds and hdmi. I made to appear the frames on both displays with same ipu id and display id and commented the ipu channel usage check in the mxc_ipuv3_fb driver. But the colour format and resolutions couldn't be altered. Is there any way to do mirroring by altering codes of mxc ipuv3 driver such that hdmi and lvds gets the frames in their own format ?.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

woutervh
Contributor IV

Can you explain exactly how your first approach was? I want to do the same, but using LVDS and LCD.

But I don't get them in displaying the same, even with same ipu/di

What did you alter in mxc_ipuv3_fb.c? And how did you configure in devicetree? 

I don't need seperate color/settings as the panels are the same

grt

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishnu

one can try to reuse patch provided on

Dual Cloned Displays on IMX6Q (Nitrogen6_Max) 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vishnukumark
Contributor I

i tries the above mentioned patch but the kernel is getting crashed it is not even getting loaded. if i am not wrong, from the patch i understood that dma memory is allocated twice the actual size and the second frame buffer uses it. how can this clone the frame into the second display ?

0 Kudos