about i.MX6 PMIC_STBY_REQ pin driver model.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about i.MX6 PMIC_STBY_REQ pin driver model.

Jump to solution
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have two questions about PMIC_STBY_REQ pin driver.

In thread What pull PMIC_ON_REQ signal up when i.MX6 PMIC_ON_REQ is low? 

It say that "PMIC_STBY_REQ is i.MX6 (actively driven) output. No need for pull up resistor, as for open drain signals."

But in document Table 2-6 of page 17 in Hardware Development Guide(IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf),

It say that "PMIC_STBY_REQ – open-drain output." (without pull-up)

The other hand, PMIC_ON_REQ say that "open-drain output, on-chip 100 kOhm pull-up"

Old version of Hardware Development Guide(IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf)

It say that PMIC_STBY_REQ – push-pull output.

In datasheet, it say only "output Low" as "Out of Reset Condition."

1) Which is a correct answer of PMIC_STBY_REQ pin driver model?

a. open-drain

b. open-drain with internal pull-up

c. push-pull

2) If it is open-drain output, which chip (i.MX6D or MMPF0100) pulls PMIC_STBY_REQ line to high?

Best regards,

Ishii.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ishii,

PMIC_STBY_REQ is a push-pull output referenced to VDD_SNVS_IN (always ON), so VDD_SNVS_IN must be present for this pin to function.

PMIC_STBY_REQ should be directly connected to the STANDBY pin of the MMPF0100 without the need of an external pull-up resistor.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello Jose,

Thank you for your quick response.

I understand that PMIC_STBY_REQ is a push-pull and drive by VDD_SNVS_IN.

Best regards,

Ishii.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ishii,

PMIC_STBY_REQ is a push-pull output referenced to VDD_SNVS_IN (always ON), so VDD_SNVS_IN must be present for this pin to function.

PMIC_STBY_REQ should be directly connected to the STANDBY pin of the MMPF0100 without the need of an external pull-up resistor.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos