U-boot Bank Switch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot Bank Switch

hunter_tols
Contributor I

On new LS1021ATWR board, U-boot can start up on NOR bank0. With jump setting(Bank select, UART select) change to bank1 setting, it can start up u-boot on bank1 after power cycle.

I noticed there is "bank-switch" command I supposed it was intend to switch from bank 0 to bank 1 without power cycle.

I did this test, enter Bank 0 u-boot, then enter "bank_switch 1" to attempted to switch bank from 0 to 1 without power power cycle, but it seems not be as I expected.

I don't know what the "bank_switch n" command use senario, could you please intruduce how to use this command?

Thanks,

Xiaojun

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

hunter_tols
Contributor I

thanks a lot Serguei,

My bank 0 corrupt is due to the RCW is not matching, by wrong copy in.

I recovered my board with SD boot, and redo flash RCW.

Thanks again.

Xiaojun

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The SDK documentation for the LS1021A TWR says - To protect the default U-Boot in bank 0, it is a convention employed by NXP to deploy work images into the alternate bank, and then switch to the alternate bank for testing. Switching to the alternate bank can be done in software and effectively swaps the first bank with the second bank, thereby putting the alternate bank in the bank 0 address range until further configuration or until a reset occurs. This protects banks 0 and keeps the board bootable under all circumstances.

Bank switching can be done in U-Boot using the following statements:

• Switch to bank 0:

=>reset

• Switch to alternate bank:

=>boot_bank 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos