cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linux fedora install

brookbot
Contributor I

Hi,

Has anyone install the IDE on Linux fedora?

I don't really need a fancy IDE, so I'm wondering if I can just pull the bootloader from the debian install package and use that from the command line along with the GNU ARM compiler and code from the SDK. Any tips for how to go about this will be appreciated.

Honestly I don't understand why everyone needs a complex IDE and why I can't find a simple set of instructions for using the command line on Linux. Again any help will be appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gustavsl
Contributor III

You should be able to extract the deb package using bsdtar. I don't have Fedora installed at the moment to try it, but it should be something like this:

chmod +x mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411.x86_64.deb.bin
 ./mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411.x86_64.deb.bin --noexec --keep --target ~/mcuxpresso_deb
 cd ~/mcuxpresso_deb
 mkdir mcuxpressoide
 bsdtar -x -f mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411.x86_64.deb -C mcuxpressoide/
 bsdtar -x -f mcuxpressoide/data.tar.gz -C mcuxpressoide/
 mkdir -p ~/mcuxpresso_deb/mcuxpressoide/usr/share/NXPLPCXpresso;
 mv ~/mcuxpresso_deb/mcuxpressoide/usr /;
 mv ~/mcuxpresso_deb/mcuxpressoide/lib/udev /usr/lib/;
0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brooke,

Officially MCUXpresso IDE installer only supports Ubuntu Linux (64bit). but doesn't support fedora.

These are MCUXpresso IDE officially supports systems:

pastedImage_1.png

For detail, see this url:

MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos