.cfg documentation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.cfg documentation

gilesrobinson
Contributor II

I feel I must be missing the obvious, but where is the documentation for the Initialization and Memory scripts for debugging?

For a ColdFire project I have ${ProjDirPath}/Project_Settings/Debugger/MCF5484.cfg and MCF5484.mem which I think need editing for the particular PCB.  Using a P&Emicro Multilink, I can connect and step (looking at the PC register), but can't read back the memory correctly.  I could guess at editing the settings for CS0 etc, but would like a proper reference guide.

So, where is the contents of these two files documented?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gilesrobinson
Contributor II

I've seen that note (or something like it) before.  Trouble is there is no description of the commands / statements to be used in the .cfg and .mem files (searching returns no hits).  These files seem to be important if not essential when using CodeWarrior to get going with a new ColdFire-based board, so surely they must be documented somewhere? 

We are using PCBs created in-house, with external flash, etc. that does not match any of the eval boards, so I need to create specific cfg & mem files, and therefore want proper documentation for them.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Glies,

I would recommend you to take a look to the following application note for more information:

https://cache.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3389.pdf 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos