cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download code in flash FRDM-KV10Z in MCUXpresso using Segger/PE Micro

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

Dear all,

I am facing problems in downloading my code to flash memory in MCUXpresso 10.0.0 and 10.0.2 in Windows 7 professional.

I am using FRDM-KV10Z and FRDM-K64F with Segger Jlink as debugger. I also tried using JFlash lite after generating a binary file from the axf file but it does not work.

I found this link (https://community.nxp.com/thread/449152) which suggested a way using PE Micro debugger. I changed the debug mode to PE Micro by copying (DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108_v2.1.bin) file for KV10Z in the bootloader. The code worked in the debug mode but after reconnecting power the code was not working.

Could you kindly inform me how code can be downloaded in flash using Segger for KV10Z and K64F development boards.

Thanks,
Shoaib

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shoaib Shaikh 

If  you want to use Segger Jlink debug interface, after download project into your chip,

Reset it , it also can work well . Please have a look at my attachment about how to download. I use FRDM-K64 board.

And if it can’t work on your side after reset, please tell me which project do you used .

If SDK example, when import, please check “ Redirect printf/scanf to UART”

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shoaibshaikh
Contributor III

Dear Alice,

Thanks for your reply!

I am downloading the led gpio SDK example using Segger. The code is working after reset if I select the box which you have suggested.

But if I dont select it, the code is not working after reset.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, if your project is configured to output via semihosting (rather than say over UART), then if there is no debug session active, the first semihosting operation will block (due to a hard fault being taken). See section 11.4 "What is Semihosting? and 11.5, "Use of printf" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide for more details.

Aside: the next MCUXpresso IDE release will provide a hard fault handler mechanism to prevent the first semihosting operation when no debugger is connected from blocking. But you can achieve a similar affect now by pulling the handler in from : https://community.nxp.com/message/782843?commentID=782843#comment-782843 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos