Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Linux Kernel source code

Jump to solution
adimauro
Contributor I

Good afternoon,

I have some question about Linux development for imx6/7 boards inside the Yocto framework.

What are the steps I need to follow to:

1. Build and deploy to an sdcard an Image with different configurations (with respect to the pre-built ones provided by nxp which I already tested)

2. Modify Linux kernel sources or add custom modules and, build and deploy the custom Image to the sdcard

Sorry in advance for the very basic questions but I am not so familiar with Linux on embedded platforms (I would appreciate a lot any pointer to doc material)

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alfio,

if you want to customize kernel you need to have your own build and add a new layer to your yocto image. Please take a look to the following training. Yocto Training - HOME 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alfio,

if you want to customize kernel you need to have your own build and add a new layer to your yocto image. Please take a look to the following training. Yocto Training - HOME 

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!