AnsweredAssumed Answered

CodeWarrior v11.0 questions

Question asked by SCOTT MILLER on Oct 30, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 by ZhangJennie

I just got the release announcement for CW 11 and it's left me scratching my head.  It's presented as a major new release that's not covered by my annual subscription but according to the release notes it appears to be a minor service pack with support for a handful of new devices.  It also says it adds support for the Cyclone Pro and Cyclone ACP, but I've been using the Cyclone Pro for several years and the Cyclone ACP for at least two years.

There's no mention of fixes for the bugs that drive me nuts on a daily basis - breakpoints that move when you insert lines above them, globals that keep multiplying when you add them to the watch list until they bog the system down and have to be constantly deleted and re-added, and custom build steps that just don't work and throw a null pointer exception.

I'm not sure about the breakpoints, but I'm fairly certain the other two were fixed in Eclipse years ago.

Is that really all there is to this update?  Is it safe to assume that CodeWarrior is now so far behind on Eclipse updates that the resources will never be there to bring it up to date?  It seems like a slap in the face to all of the paying CodeWarrior customers to present this as a major release and demand upgrade fees when there aren't any apparent new features.

Scott

Outcomes