Where is the MKL28Z in the list of Chip's for the EmbSys Register View?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the MKL28Z in the list of Chip's for the EmbSys Register View?

Jump to solution
patricklewis
Contributor I

When trying to specify the chip I'm using so I can see the microcontroller's registers in the EmbSys view of KDS, I can't find MKL28Z in the list of chips to select from. Anyone know where it is? I'm using KDS v3.2.0. Is there a patch or update that I'm missing?

ListOfChips.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patrick,

yes, there has been a 0.2.4 data update on the KDS update site, but it does not work with the latest plugin version.

I have the 0.2.6 version working with the 0.2.4 data, have a read at EmbSysRegView 0.2.6 for NXP Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0 | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
patricklewis
Contributor I

Thanks for your suggestion. I have read and understood your approach to installing new CMSIS-SVD files using the data from other installations. But, I have looked through all of the data jar's from 0.2.4.r178 up through 0.2.6.r191 that I could find on your sourceforge website (thanks for posting these, by the way) and have not found the part that I am interested listed in any of them. Specifically, I'm looking for the MKL28Z. A file for this part does not exist in the data\SVD(CMSIS)\Freescale\ folder of the jar files. 

Your links do provide enough information for me to create my own SVD file, but this would take some time, and I was hoping that Freescale/NXP had already done this and would have it available.

I'll probably have to submit a support ticket unless you are aware of anywhere else that this file might be.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patrick,

Have a look at the screenshot in EmbSysRegView 0.2.6 for NXP Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0 | MCU on Eclipse for the 0.2.4 Freescale data file: the KL28Z is present.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
patricklewis
Contributor I

Yes, that is what I want mine to look like. But instead, it just looks like: 

pastedImage_1.png

I think the reason I don't have it is because I can't find the right data (as described in my last post). The correct data is not on your sourceforge site (from what I can tell). I believe this is because your posts suggest I need to download the appropriate files from NXP (specifically, I need com.nxp.svd-embsysregview-0.2.4.sp_root_1.0.0.b170427). But I'm having difficulty getting the command line version of eclipse to run due to PATH variables not being able to run the java virtual machine from the console. I could keep working on this to download the appropriate data, but it would be extremely helpful if you had the appropriate file posted on sourceforge so I could just download it. Let me know if that is a possibility.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patrick,

as outlined by that article, I have already uploaded that zip file with the data to source forge?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcuoneclipse/files/Eclipse%20Plugins/EmbSysReg/com.nxp.svd-embsysre... 

Are you not able to see it?

Erich

0 Kudos
patricklewis
Contributor I

Thank you for the direct link. I was unable to find it through the links in your posts. I did finally navigate my way to the sourceforge site, and under files saw the following:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Of the items listed in 0.2.4, I didn't see the zip file you provided in the link above. Perhaps I didn't look in the right place?

In any case, thank you again for the direct link.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patrick,

yes, there has been a 0.2.4 data update on the KDS update site, but it does not work with the latest plugin version.

I have the 0.2.6 version working with the 0.2.4 data, have a read at EmbSysRegView 0.2.6 for NXP Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0 | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos