How to disable all UART error interrupts?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable all UART error interrupts?

asfarley
Contributor IV

I'm getting UART overrun and framing errors in my application. I'd like to disable the UART error interrupts but I'm having trouble getting that to work. This is on a K22 MCU.

I've been using PE-generated code, so for UART I'm using ASynchroSerial components with lower-level ASerialLDD components. Within the ASerialLDD init function, I've replace the interrupt-enable line with interrupt-disable:

Previously was:

UART_PDD_EnableInterrupt(UART5_BASE_PTR, ( UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_RECEIVER | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_PARITY_ERROR | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_FRAMING_ERROR | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_NOISE_ERROR | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_OVERRUN_ERROR )); /* Enable interrupts */

Modified to:

UART_PDD_DisableInterrupt(UART5_BASE_PTR, ( UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_RECEIVER | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_PARITY_ERROR | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_FRAMING_ERROR | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_NOISE_ERROR | UART_PDD_INTERRUPT_OVERRUN_ERROR ));

However, my code is still ending up in PE_ISR(Cpu_ivINT_UART5_ERR) when it gets framing errors or overruns. 

How can I *completely* disable these interrupts?

Thanks

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexander,

Please check the value of UARTx_C3 to ensure these Error Interrupt are disabled.

UARTx_C3 Error Interrupt.png

Here is the Interrupt vector assignments, you can also check if the UART error sources is disabled in NVIC.

Table 3-5. Interrupt vector assignments.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos