cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546xx Power-LIB

joachimbeck
Contributor I

Hello,

in the users manual UM10912 of the LPC54608 in chapter 8.4 (PowerLib API) there is the following function described:

void CLOCK_SetupFROClocking(uint32_t iFreq);

I am using ARM/Keil and downloaded the actual SDK 2.2 for the LPC54608. It includes the powerlib in ARM version named "keil_lib_power.lib". This library does not contain this function CLOCK_SetupFROClocking.

I can find a function of this name in "drivers\fsl_clocks.c", but this version does something which does not fit to the users manuals description of the register FROCTRL (it uses undocumented fields in the register FROCTRL etc).

My questions:

- Is there somewhere a powerlib which contains this function? The users manual does not explain what has to be done to activate the FROHF clock (48/96MHz), it only refers to the powerlib function  CLOCK_SetupFROClocking.

- In the powerlib of the SDK there exist plenty of functions which are not documented in the users manual. Is there somewhere a documentation of this library?

Thanks for your help!

Joachim 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joachim Beck,

Thanks for your reply.

1) I can find a function of this name in "drivers\fsl_clocks.c", but this version does something which does not fit to the users manuals description of the register FROCTRL (it uses undocumented fields in the register FROCTRL, uses undocumentated register addresses etc).

-- I'm also waiting for the confimming

- In the powerlib of the SDK there exist plenty of functions which are not documented in the users manual. Is there somewhere a documentation of this library? Because seems to be no source of the powerlib available, how can we use these functions without documentation? At least the h-file for powerlib should be available.  

--In the fsl_power.h, the comments of function introduce the function clearly, it can help to call these functions.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joachim Beck ,

There's the reply from the AE team.

I checked the UM10912 and confirmed this is a document issue.

In MCUXpresso SDK code, "CLOCK_xxx" API belongs to the clock component, which is defined and implemented in fsl_clock.h/.c file. the "POWER_xxx" APIs belong to the power component, and they are defined and implemented in power_lib.

I would report this issue to the document owner, ans wish it would be updated in the next version of this document.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

joachimbeck
Contributor I

HI TIC,

thank you for your answer. I understand, that the CLOCK_xxx function from UM10912 refers to fsl_clock.x

But two more points of my original questions are still open:

I can find a function of this name in "drivers\fsl_clocks.c", but this version does something which does not fit to the users manuals description of the register FROCTRL (it uses undocumented fields in the register FROCTRL, uses undocumentated register addresses etc).

- In the powerlib of the SDK there exist plenty of functions which are not documented in the users manual. Is there somewhere a documentation of this library? Because seems to be no source of the powerlib available, how can we use these functions without documentation? At least the h-file for powerlib should be available.  

Thank you for your support.

Joachim

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joachim Beck,

There's the reply from the AE team.

MCUXpresso SDK team already have the plan to update code according to the latest RM description in next release. The coming code change would cover all the RM change between versions, of course, the SYSCON_FROCTRL register issue would be include as well.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answer your question, I need to confirm with the SDK team.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos