AnsweredAssumed Answered

Booting M4 freeze linux kernel A7

Question asked by Maite Gonzalez on Oct 25, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by Maite Gonzalez

Hello,

I am trying to boot the M4 core on imx7dual  (Through emmc).

When the M4 boot (hello world example), the linux kernel blocks. (Starting kernel)

I changed the following environment variables in the uboot and try to boot the system:

=> setenv loadm4image 'fatload mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} 0x7F8000 ${m4image}'

=> setenv m4boot 'if run loadm4image; then setenv mcu -m4; dcache flush; bootaux 0x7F8000; fi'

=> setenv setfdt 'setenv fdt_file ${som}_${baseboard}${mcu}.dtb'

=> setenv mmcboot 'echo Booting from mmc ...; run m4boot; run searchbootdev; run mmcargs; echo baseboard is ${baseboard}; run setfdt; if test ${boot_fdt} = yes || test ${boot_fdt} = try; then if run loadfdt; then bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}; else if test ${boot_fdt} = try; then echo WARN: Cannot load the DT; echo fall back to load the default DT; setenv baseboard $ {default_baseboard}; run setfdt; run loadfdt; bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}; else echo WARN: Cannot load the DT; fi; fi; else bootz; fi;'

Then, execute "boot". At this point, I am able to see the console prompt of the M4, but the linux blocks (Starting kernel).

I dont know, is it posible to be something related to some reset bit, o some watchdog which I have to disable??

Thank you in advance!

Maite

Outcomes