Transferring KMS motor parameters to project based on motor control library

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring KMS motor parameters to project based on motor control library

abdullahmamun
Contributor II

Wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction to transfer motor and tuning parameters to the example project comes with the PMSP project based on the motor control library of the FRDM-KV31F SDK .

Also curious to know differences between APIs based on Motor control library and  KMS APIs.

My last question do I have to use MKS enabled V series chips in my production board?

thanks.

Abdullah 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers two options for PMSM motor control. 

1. The Kinetis Motor Suite (KMS) 
  2. The NXP reference project. 

If you are a motor control expert then you will feel comfortable using the NXP reference projects.  If not then you can successfully implement a motor control project for your application with KMS. 

Go to www.nxp.com/motorcontrol for the details.

Once you have completed the steps in KMS to get the motor parameters, these parameters can be saved in the reference project you have created with a push of a button. 

If you want to do the same kind of tuning in the NXP reference project you would use the Freemaster MCAT tools.

Using the IDE you can add your own application code to either of the project types. 

If you have started with KMS and want to use it in you final design, yes you must use an MCU that is KMS enabled.

If you are using the NXP reference projects you do not need the KMS enabled MCU.

One last note:

The NXP reference projects have been successfully used on other Kinetis devices besides the Kinetis V series.  KMS is only available on KV series MCUs.

The reference manuals and DRM and application notes give you all the detail you need to implement your solution.

Here are links to a couple of helpful documents:

http://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/reference-applications/MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0.exe

Best Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos