AnsweredAssumed Answered

Weird screen layout issues

Question asked by SCOTT MILLER on Oct 24, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 by Erich Styger

I'm trying to make the switch to MCUXpresso (mostly from CW 10.7, but with a few KDS projects) and some of the screen layout issues are driving me nuts.  Here's an example:

Weird screen layout

The lower half of the pane is all scrunched over and half invisible, and I can't seem to do anything to resize it.  Does it show up this way for everyone, or is this something that happened when I changed themes?  Changing back doesn't fix it.  The annoying tiny scroll bars might be a theme issue, but that sounds like it's fixable.

KDS always had glitchy layout for me as well, particularly in Processor Expert.  Nothing seems to retain window size or layout settings between uses, and the default layouts are almost universally unusable.  Everything requires a frustrating amount of scrolling or resizing.

My greatest hope for MCUXpresso is that it'll keep us on a recent enough version of Eclipse that there will actually be fixes for it - I'm tired of paying an annual subscription for CodeWarrior and having to live with bugs that were fixed years ago in vanilla Eclipse.  I can't cut and paste code without my breakpoints moving around, for example.

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes