KE1xF bootloader when execute CRC-32 check on application data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE1xF bootloader when execute CRC-32 check on application data

isaotakashima
Contributor IV

The KE1xF ROM bootloader support CRC-32 check on application data feature.

I think that the ROM bootloader execute CRC-32 check on application data before jump to user application.

If CRC-32 check failed, the ROM bootloader assert PTA11.

Therefore this feature only available when BOOTSRC_SEL (FOPT[7])  = 1.

Is my understanding correct?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Takashima

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please check Kinetis product team feedback below:

The customer understanding is right. Only when boot from ROM, the ROM bootloader can implement the CRC32, to check the image located in the flash. Whether implement the CRC32 depends on the BCA configurations. By default, the BCA (start from Flash address 0x3C0) are all 0xFF, so ROM bootloader will read its own default BCA configuration, in which the CRC32 check is disabled.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Takashima,

I am checking with Kinetis product team and let you know later.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos