LQI not updating in JN5168 Zigbee module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LQI not updating in JN5168 Zigbee module

aloysiusnishant
Contributor I

I am using JN5168 zigbee chip. While 2 modules are connected, LQI is updating only when the modules are moved far away from each other. If the modules are moved closer from long distance, LQI is not updating. Please guide me on this issue ASAP.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

aloysiusnishant
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

My company does not allow to share the code. What does AN means?

Regards,

Aloysius

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aloysius,

If you want, we can discuss your issues internally, the communication will be only you and our technical support. The support will be by email.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

The application note that you take as reference

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

aloysiusnishant
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Every time i am sending a data from end-device to coordinator. But i am reading LQI in End-Device. Is that correct?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aloysius,

Could you please share your implementation? and what is the AN that you are taking as a reference?

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aloysius,

As you know the LQI  value indicates the signal strength of the last packet received from the relevant neighbouring node. You have to update some value, send some message. What is the AN that you are working on?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

aloysiusnishant
Contributor I

hi Mario,

For better explanation, If both the devices are near, LQI is in good state. If the modules are moved away from each other , LQI is gone to poor state (i.e) LQI as 40. Then if we move the devices again to near (1 cm distance between both the modules), LQI is still in same poor state (i.e) same LQI as 40 and its not updating.

Thank you,

Aloysius

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aloysius,

As you know the LQI  value indicates the signal strength of the last packet received from the relevant neighbouring node. So, if you do not move the device, or if both don't have some interference the LQI value will have a similar value.

But, remember the LQI value  measure in the range 0-255 of the signal strength of a packet received over a radio link

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

aloysiusnishant
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Both the devices are connected. One is coordinator and another one is end-device. If i move the end-device away from coordinator and i read LQI in end-device. LQI is updating. But if i again come closer to the coordinator and read LQI in end-device, its not updating. That means, i am receiving the same LQI which i get when both the modules are away.

Regards,

Aloysius

0 Kudos