Kinetis protocol Adapter is unable to show packets on Wireshark using USB-KW24D512

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis protocol Adapter is unable to show packets on Wireshark using USB-KW24D512

shahabuddinmoha
Contributor I

Hi,

The setup uses a USB-KW24D512  as sniffer to capture Thread (802.15.4) packets using Wireshark, however Kinetis protocol adapter tool reports that it is unable to show packets on wireshark.

I have used it earlier on the same laptop and it used to work fine, until I have reinstalled the software recently as somehow it was removed.

FYI, I did try turning off firewall as per the other thread on the forum, to my dismay it doesn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please show me the error you are seeing? also could you please share with me the configuration settings for Wireshark? 

The version of the protocol analyzer and Wireshark sometimes caused us some errors, could you please add up that information so I can try to recreate your issue? 

Best regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

shahabuddinmoha
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Here is the error message in the pop-up window, wireshark-2.1.0 Thread is in the backdrop tapping on "Local Area Connection 2" as used by Kinetis protocol adapter.

kinetis_issue.PNG

Earlier, I had been using Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter and Drivers 1.0.1, which used to work fine. Nowl I have installed Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter and Drivers 1.2.6 on the same machine, which is behaves in an errant way.

FYI, tried a different version of Wireshark and WildPackets Omnipeek analyzer to sniff the packets on the interface "Local Area Connection 2" without any fruition.

Let me know if you need any other inputs.

Thanks!

PS: There is no chapter 5.1 in the Quick Start Guide to help resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ram,

As you noticed, the reference has been removed from the User Guide version 1.2.6. You can find the reference in the User Guide associated to version 1.0.1.

From description seems that the error is related to the security programs (antivirus/firewall) that blocks the application from sending packets to Wireshark.

Did you tried to disable antivirus and firewall?  Can you also provide some information about your system: Windows Version, Firewall, Antivirus.

Regards,

Ovidiu

0 Kudos