cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual COM Port Driver for Q908x USB Dongle

xaviervilajosan
Contributor II

HI,

I am running windows 7 and when I plug the Q908x usb dongle the O.S fails to find the driver. I tried installing SiLabs VCP, FTDI VCP, and all the drivers in the Drivers folder of the NXP tools I downloaded from the Q908x page.

Do you have any idea of what driver should I use? 

In linux the device is detected as ttyACM0 but I do not have any tool (QTool as per the user guide?) to interact with it as it seems all is for Windows... (I could not find Qtool for windows either -- there are other tools called NXP Test Tools)

that start with the kit is frustrating :smileysad:

X

0 Kudos
3 Replies

xaviervilajosan
Contributor II

I fixed it myself forcing the use of the USB-KW24D512 driver in the driver package. I had to install it manually from the device manager. 

aside from that I am still trying to find the QTool software to use the usb dongle. any help is welecome.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Xavier,

The USB Dongle is connected directly to the USB module, so if the USB hasn't a firmware pre loaded, the PC will detect the Bootloader. You forced the dongle use the kw24 driver, but It doesn't mean that it will be works correctly.

I'm looking for the QTool software, I will give you an update as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Xavier,

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you, we are currently working in the development of the Qtool for the QN9080. Unfortunately, we do not have a release date for now but I will update you with any information I got about it as soon as I have a date. 

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos