how to flash uboot to iMX6Q-SDB board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to flash uboot to iMX6Q-SDB board

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

I recently got iMX6Q-SDB. It came with SD card that has android. When I booted from the SD Card I found on console the Uboot version is 2009. I want to copy latest Uboot to the board EPROM. How to do that? After saving Uboot to the board I want to be able to power on and see Uboot without using SD Card. Is it possible to flash Uboot to the board? Related question is - After that I want to use Android nougat from SD card. So it has to boot from the board (just the uboot) and then for kernel and android nougat it has to be from new SD card. Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

surendrakrishna
Contributor I

I went through the section 4.4.1.4. It says it is only for iMX 6 SABRE-AI board. I wanted to know for iMX 6Q SABRE SD. Where can I find the steps?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra

there is no parallel nor on Sabre SD, as for spi-nor it can not be used for boot.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra

one can follow procedures described in sect.4.4.1.4 Flashing U-Boot on Parallel NOR
attached Linux Guide or use mfg tools from link

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos