cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto - Headers for everything

jonasnyberg
Contributor III

Hi all!

I'm trying to build my own Linux that would include all the headers for the Kernel and all the other packages and software installed.

I've included the SDKIMAGE_FEATURES = "dev-pkgs....." in my local.conf

I've run Bitbake with the -c populate_sdk option

I get all the Kernel headers in the image at the usr/include location. But, for example, for "curl" I can't see any headers or separate folder.

Although, in my local yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/..../usr/include, I can find every header for everything installed.

Is there any way to include all the headers that are found on my local build-computer (tmp/sysroots/...) in my image?

Thanks in advance,

Jonas

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jonas

Adding the packages to the SDKIMAGE_FEATURES indeed adds them to the toolchain installer. For adding to your actual image the easiest way would be adding the packages to the IMAGE_INSTALL_append variable so the packages are added to the image. I’m not sure if this would address your problem.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

jonasnyberg
Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

The packages are all added to my image and the programs works fine. The thing is that I wan't the headers also to be added.

As I wrote earlier, I get all the Kernel headers but not the headers for each "program", for example, curl.

Thanks in advance,

Jonas

0 Kudos

jonasnyberg
Contributor III

Hi again,

Just writing to as if anyone would have any clue on this?

Thanks in advance,

Jonas

0 Kudos