cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2W amplifier

martinstougaard
Contributor I

Hi

Do you have an amplifier that can deliver 2W RF power in the frequency band 80MHz to 200MHz?

I have look at the MRFE6VS25NR1 but is there an easyer way? The demo board shows a solution including coax-lines etc. A bit timeconsuning in production.

regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Our reference boards are provided to alow easy evaluation of the device parameters and the boards may not be optimal for a specific end user application. If you need a board to solve a single task, it is probably not critical to have non-optimal solution and you can use any board that fit you primary task (frequency and power). MRFE6VS25NR1 can output 25W of RF power and it is 10x times more than your requirement but it may be not important since MRFE6VS25NR1 30-512 MHz reference circuit does solve your problem.

For mass production, you may need to have an optimal design (form factor, power efficiency, BOM cost ...).
NXP offers over devices to provide 2W output power in the frequency band 80MHz to 200MHz. My suggestion is to use AFT05MS003N or AFT05MS004N. Unfortunately, our reference designs for these transistors do not cover 80MHz to 200MHz range. The closest ones are for 136–174 MHz. You have to design your own circuit for your task. If you have questions on this topic, please, create a ticket to technical support and you will try to help.

PS. MRFE6VS25NR1 30-512 MHz reference circuit frequency band is very wide (x 17 !!!). Thus, the impedance matching has been implemented using broadband coaxial transformers. For your target bandwidth (x2.5) , you can try a different solution: twisted wire broadband transformers or LC ladder matching network.

Have a great day,
Pavel
NXP TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos